When you purchase a new Ford vehicle you will be given a Warranty & Service Guide. This book details the warranties and regular services which come with your vehicle. Each Ford passenger car comes with a 7 year / 100,000kms mileage warranty. This means that if any part of the vehicle becomes defective due to faulty manufacture or materials during this time, the part will be repaired or replaced (at manufacturer’s discretion) free of charge by any Ford Authorised Dealer in Europe. The only conditions are:
- the vehicle must be serviced as recommended in the Ford Service Plan
- the service record must be kept up to date and stamped by the servicing dealer using Genuine Ford Parts
- the vehicle must not be misused, modified or used for racing or rallying
- the vehicle’s plated weights must not be exceeded
Items covered under warranty are:
- Catalytic converter
- Front axle
- Rear axle
- Braking system (excluding brake pads and discs)
- Air conditioning
- Ford audio systems (if factory-fitted)
- The entire electrical system including engine control, central locking, ABS, electrically adjusted seats and all other components making up the electronic safety and convenience system factory-fitted to your Ford.
Factors which may affect your warranty
There are a number of factors to be aware of which may affect your warranty. They include:
- Damage caused by neglect, flooding, accident, rallying, racing or any other improper use.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Failure to properly maintain the vehicle in accordance with Ford maintenance schedules and service instructions.
- Failure to properly maintain paint and bodywork by regular cleaning in accordance with Ford instructions.
- Unauthorised modifications of the vehicle or its components.
- Failure to rectify any paint or corrosion damage identified during the Body and Paint Check in a timely manner.
- Factors beyond our control, such as damage caused by airborne contaminants, storms, stone chips, scratches or the use of unsuitable cleaning agents.
- Repairs using methods that haven’t been approved by Ford.
- Failure to use Ford Original Parts, or parts and fluids that match the quality of Ford Original Parts and fluids.
- Please see the service portfolio for further information.
If you have a query relating to your Ford warranty please email: [email protected]